Hedge trimming is essential for garden maintenance, but it can be hard to find the right tools.
Here we’ll take a look at some of the most powerful hedge trimmers available in the UK and what makes them so powerful for cutting through thick branches.
Below are our top picks on the most powerful hedge trimmers in the UK of 2021
1) Powerful Corded Electric Hedge Trimmers
Corded electric hedge trimmers are the most powerful type of hedge trimmer.
They are best for heavy duty tasks.
They use an electric motor that is connected to a power outlet by cable and powered through electricity.
They can be used in areas without any kind of power source but require long extension cables and will restrict movement while trimming.
- Blade tip guard to prevent kickback and protect the gears
- Stain-free shear blade surface of glittering Silver obtained by non-electrolsed nickel plating that features high anti-abrasion surface for long lasting coating
- 710W CORDED HEDGE TRIMMER: This NETTA 710W Corded Hedge Trimmer is the ideal tool for getting your garden into shape. Boasting a blade length of 66cm and 24mm tooth openings, this hedge trimmer...
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND POWERFUL: The 710W motor will provide you with enough power to take on the overgrown bushes and hedges in your garden and the 180° rotating handle makes it simple to cut at...
– They are usually heavier than the other types of hedge trimmers because they include a motor, gears and housing.
– Corded electric hedge trimmers can be expensive but they are also most reliable for heavy duty tasks.
Pros: powerful, versatile with no restrictions on movement while trimming; more affordable in the long term
Cons: heavier, requires access to a power outlet; expensive upfront cost.
2) Powerful Cordless Hedge Trimmers
Cordless hedge trimmers are perfect for light duty tasks. They offer unrestricted movement while trimming and can be used virtually anywhere as long as they have access to power supply
Cordless hedge trimmers are battery powered and use a rechargeable battery.
- Product 1: The new LINEA in-line handle, designed for advanced ergonomics, combines comfort, compact design, and easy handling in one perfectly balanced package
- Product 1: High torque motor delivers powerful cutting performance for pruning hedges and shrubs
- Extended reach Hedge trimmer makes easy work Of trimming hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs
- 4-Position articulating head for pruning all sizes of hedges and shrubs
These types of hedges can be used in virtually any location as long as they have access to power supply (wall socket).
They offer unrestricted movement while trimming which makes them suitable for lighter duty tasks on small plants.
The downside is that cordless hedge trimmers are more expensive upfront.
They also have a limited use-time because the battery has to be charged after every use and they cannot trim away from power supply for too long before it will start losing its charge.
Cordless hedges are also less powerful than corded electric hedge trimmers, and don’t have the same rigidity or cutting length.
Pros: no restrictions on movement while trimming; lightweight and manoeuvrable for light duty tasks
Cons: expensive upfront cost; limited battery life, shorter cutting length
Conclusion: but cordless hedges are more expensive upfront with a limited battery life, shorter cutting lengths and less powerful than their electric counterparts.
3) Powerful Petrol Hedge Trimmers
Petrol hedge trimmers are the most powerful type of hedges. They use a petrol engine that is powered by fuel and gas to cut through plants.
These types of hedge trimmers can be used in areas without any kind of power source but they will require refueling after time or distance otherwise it won’t work as well.
- Ideal for frequent use the HT 5622 is a 22.7cc petrol powered hedge trimmer that has an power output of 0.65kW. The HT 5622 has a blade length of 56 cm and a blade gap of 22 mm
- The rear handle is possible to adjust in multiple positions for ergonomic work
- LOW NOISED AND LIGHT WEIGHT HEDGE TRIMMER
- Delivery available nationwide
Petrol hedge trimmers are the heaviest type of hedges because they include a heavy petrol engine, gears and housing.
They also tend to be more expensive upfront than other types of hedg heavy, expensive upfront cost; heavy fumes
Pros: powerful; no restrictions on movement while trimming
Cons: heavy; expensive upfront cost; heavy fumes
4) Powerful Telescopic Hedge Trimmer
- Telescopic Handle
- Easy to Remove 20V Battery
- The Universal tools from Bosch – versatile and strong with intelligent solutions for bigger projects
- Ideal for tall and wide hedges
Petrol Vs Electric Hedge Trimmer Which is Most Powerful?
Generally, an electric powered device is very effective in cutting softer materials such as hedges and shrubs.
However, if you want to cut thick branches or trim trees, petrol machines are more powerful.
What is the most powerful electric hedge trimmer?
The powerful electric hedge trimmer is a good choice for tackling thicker branches and larger hedges.
The wattage determines the power of an electric hedge trimmer.
A good rule of thumb to follow for most jobs would be a trimming range between 450-700 watts, but some more powerful models will have motors approaching 1000 watts!
Blade length and material are important factors because they determine how large or thick branches can be trimmed easily, though extra internal power makes this easier.